Sunday, December 20, 2009

Numero Uno

Well, here it is.  This is my first blog.  I've been wanting to start this for a while, but I just didn't know where to start.  This is something that I want to do for my kids.  I think it would be so cool to be able to look back at stories and pictures from when I was growing up.  Those kinds of stories are my favorite.  I can remember, as a little girl, asking my mom to tell me stories of when she was growing up.  It always sounded like she had so much fun.  I want my children to be able to share stories of their childhood with their future generations.  I just pray that I can create as many wonderful memories for Savannah and Charlie as my parents created for me.
Can I just start out by saying how amazing my children are?  I could not be anymore blessed!

Savannah Maddux
Savannah is amazing.  She is the most caring and sensitive child that I have ever had the honor of meeting.  Her heart is amazing.  Even at such a young age, she feels so much compassion.  She is a wonderful artist.  I have drawings of hers from when she was two years old. To me, they looked like the drawings of a five year old.  Art seems to be her passion and I love that.  She really seems to exrpress herself through drawing.  Some of my favorite things in my home, are the canvas paintings that she has done of our family for the past two years on her birthday.  It's incredible to see how much she improves each year.  She is smart as a whip and doesn't miss a beat.  There are no secrets around this one!  She's got a TON of personality.  I love the confidence that she has in herself. I pray that her spirit is never broken and that she carries that confidence with her throughout the rest of her life.  She was prophesied over as a newborn that she would be a prophetess.  That's so cool!  She is such a special child with so much to offer this world.  My sweet, compassionate, loving little girl also has a temper.  She prefers that things go a certain way, and when they don't, or if her brother does something she doesn't like, she lets you know!  I'm pretty sure that she gets that from her Momma.  We are a lot alike in that way.  It's our way or the highway.  Savannah make me so proud.  She makes me feel like I have done a good job being a mom.  She is amazing!



Charles Goodman
Charlie.  Charlie is my little lover.  I've always called him my "Kissy Boy".  He will randomly run up and kiss my hip or my hand or whatever it is that he can get to the quickest.  I can't tell you what it does to me when he does that.  His kisses are one of my most favorite things in life.  He tells me at least once or twice a day that I am beautiful.  He is also full of confidence.  This is such a wonderful thing.  I love that he knows who he is and is proud to be himself.  He has a very strong will.  While it can be challenging at times, I am so very thankful that he has that.  I know that he will have the drive and determination to do whatever it is that he wants to do in life.  He is so smart.  He loves to learn and catches on very quickly.  Charlie does not have a shy bone in his body.  No matter where we go or who we are around, he makes sure to introduce himself to the people around us and always asks their name.  He is very interested in others.  He was prophesied over as a newborn that he was going to be a preacher.  He would make an amazing preacher!


Baby #3
We have just found out that we are expecting our third little blessing and we could not be anymore excited!  This is the first baby that we have actually had to "try" for and so we really didn't know what to expect going into it.  We knew that it could happen quickly or it could take a while. Well, two weeks after we started trying, we found out that we were pregnant!  I am so thankful that we are such a fertile couple.  I can't imagine going through what some couples have to go through to have a baby.  I pray for their fertility as well.  Savannah and Charlie are SO excited.  They lay their hands on my belly and pray for the baby every night.  I love the faith of children.  I want it.  We can not wait for this baby to get here!  This will be a very long 9 months.  I'm not a very patient person.  It's so weird this time around.  It all feels so new, like it's my first pregnancy.  I'm so curious to see who this baby will be.  I just can't even imagine what it will look like.  Boy or Girl?  Lots of hair or no hair at all?  Big or small?  Blue eyes or brown?  Mild mannered or strong willed?  Whoever he or she is, I can't wait to meet him/her! Thank you Lord for this baby.  I already love it more than words could say.






No comments:

Post a Comment