Mary Evelyn is still with us. If you would have asked me two months ago if I thought that we would still have her this Christmas, I could't have given you an answer. But through a lot of faith and prayers, God has worked a miracle in her life. While she still has a long road of recovery and rehab ahead of her, she has made great progress. She is a very strong willed lady and we are certain that she can pull completley through this.
This is the first time that I have ever had to deal with anything like this with a close family member. I'll have to say, I knew it would be hard, but not as hard as it was. To see your husband hurt as bad as he did is almost unbearable. You just want so badly to have the right words or the right actions, but they're just not there. All I could do was pray for him and try to hide how scared and emotional I was. Then there were my children, my children who have always adored their RaRa. She has always done whatever she could for them and absolutley spoiled them rotten! They loved it. And now, the woman that they loved more than anything was laying in a bed, unable to speak or hardly move. I hurt for them almost as much as I did for their daddy. Nothing can prepare you for something like this. But now, she is doing so much better! She is learning to talk again and amazingly, learning to walk again. She is something else! I love what I have seen in my husband. He has been more than wonderful. He has done everything in his power to make sure that his momma is happy and well taken care of, present and future. The kids have also come around. It was really hard on Savannah at first. She had a hard time looking at her, I think because she just didn't understand what was going on. Now, she talks to her and loves her just like she always has. Charlie was right by her side from the first time he got to go in and see her. He held her hand, kissed her and told her that he loved her repeatedly. He is such a loving boy.
All that said, we feel so thankful and blessed to have her with us this Christmas. Things just would not be the same without her.






No comments:
Post a Comment